The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group is seeking a dynamic news leader for our North Battleford & Meadow Lake newsrooms. This leader will possess solid news judgment to oversee all aspects of daily news and digital news content on multiple platforms including battlefordsNOW.com, meadowlakeNOW.com, CJNB and CJNS radio. They will be based in North Battleford and directly supervise up to 6 employees in the news department in accordance with JPBG’s policies and applicable laws. Anchoring may also be required so a strong on-air delivery would be an asset.
• Organizing and coordinating daily newsroom activities including story generation.
• Work effectively with Editors and the News Director in our Prince Albert ‘hub’ where all web content is edited
• Responsible for all content that goes to air and online.
• Editing/writing news and feature stories as needed. CP style knowledge.
• On-air announcing
• Developing and implementing editorial goals.
• Mentor, coach and guide the growth and development of members of the news team as our newsroom has
many ‘first time’ reporters.
• Scheduling newsroom staff
• Seek out contacts with individuals and groups in the community to determine their news needs and interests.
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong news judgement, journalistic integrity
• Post-secondary diploma/degree in broadcast journalism
• Minimum 3-year experience in broadcasting or a related field
• Management experience
• Working knowledge of digital news including social media, CP writing style
• Valid driver’s license, vehicle
Please send your resume, broadcast demo, writing examples, and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by May 11, 2018.
Director of Information Programming – 900 CKBI/paNOW
1316 Central Ave.
Prince Albert, SK
Email: [email protected]
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at http://www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company